We understand the difficulties that face individuals affected by problem gambling. Our confidential and free of charge service helps people take back control of their finances to ensure better outcomes for their future.
Recognising that gambling is a problem
The first step in recognising that gambling may be a problem for you or someone close to you is by spotting some of the warning signs. Some of the signs are:
- Spending more than you have on gambling
- Juggling multiple loans and debts as a result of gambling
- Changes in behaviour or mood
- Being secretive about finances
- Withdrawing from others
- Feeling a loss of control with gambling
- Finding it difficult to stop gambling
We work with individuals who are affected by all forms of gambling from Pokies, sports waging, online gaming, TAB sports betting, private gambling and those targeted by gaming scams.
If you or someone you know is affected by gambling, our financial counsellors can help.
Call our team today on 13 18 19 or contact us online.
How our team can help
Our fully accredited and highly experienced financial counsellors work with individuals over 18 years who are directly affected by gambling, and friends or family impacted by gambling.
Our service is non-judgmental, impartial, independent and free.
We help by:
- Supporting clients to make their own informed choices to get the best outcome
- Providing an assessment of personal debts or legally owed debts
- Developing a financial position (such as a budget) and providing ongoing support
- Assisting clients to understand which debts are priorities
- Explaining the pros and cons of different options to manage financial issues
- Advocating on behalf of clients when required to help overcome their hardships
- Providing information about accessing grants or concessions
- Making sure clients understand their rights, and assisting them to access dispute resolution services and legal help
- Referrals to a range of other support services
- Offering flexible service options – telephone, online and in person
Find out how we can help with your Financial Counselling by calling 13 18 19 or contact us online.