This website is owned and operated by a consortium of Catholic Social Welfare Agencies comprised of CatholicCare Sydney, CatholicCare Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains, CatholicCare Wollongong and Centacare Broken Bay (collectively referred to herein as “CatholicCare").
2. Acceptance of CatholicCare’s terms and conditions
Use and access to this website is conditional upon the following terms (Terms) which are subject to change at the sole discretion of CatholicCare at any time. By using and accessing the website, you agree to be bound by our Terms. Unless stated otherwise, the Terms apply to each page of the website.
3.1 The information contained on this website (Information) is for general information purposes only. The Information is provided by CatholicCare and whilst we endeavour to keep the Information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the Information, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose.
3.2 The Information should in no way be interpreted as professional advice, instruction or opinion on your personal circumstances. Any reliance you place on such Information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
3.3 Any warranties which may be implied by law statute or otherwise in relation to the Information or any other goods or services provided are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3.4 CatholicCare does not represent that the Information complies with the laws (including intellectual property) of any country outside Australia.
3.5 In no event will CatholicCare be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including loss of revenue, business, opportunity or reputation), or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website. We are not liable for any errors, omissions or defects in the Information or website and reserve the right to amend the website at any time without notice. CatholicCare makes no warranties or representations that access to this website will be secure and free from viruses.
3.6 Through this website you are able to link to other websites, some of which are not under the control of CatholicCare. For third-party (non-CatholicCare) websites, we have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. We encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites when you access them.
3.7 Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, CatholicCare takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
4.1 All intellectual property in the Information and all other aspects of the website are owned, registered and/or licensed to CatholicCare. By using this website you agree that the Information (and intellectual property in that Information) and all other aspects of the website are protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
4.2 You are welcome to reproduce the material which appears on the website for personal use (including for research or study), without formal permission or charge. If you do reproduce the material, you must not change the Information (subject to the following) and must include the following copyright notice on that copy; “© CatholicCare”. You undertake not to use any of the material on this website in a way that:
4.3 In the event that you wish to reproduce, alter, store or transmit the material which appears on the website for a purpose other than personal use, you can apply to CatholicCare at the address set out below for formal permission.
4.4 Please note that the intellectual property in the materials appearing at websites which are linked to this website are not owned, registered or licensed to CatholicCare unless otherwise indicated. CatholicCare cannot and does not grant any permission or authority in respect of the intellectual property in the materials appearing at third-party websites, and recommends that you refer to the appropriate statements at those sites before making any use of those materials.
5. Governing Law
These Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for ensuring that in using and accessing this website, you comply with all applicable laws in the place where you are located.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about these terms and conditions, the information practices of this website, or you want us to update or correct any personal information we hold about you or if you do not want us to use or retain your personal information anymore, or wish to withdraw any consents you have provided, please contact us as follows:
Website: Contact Us form
Telephone: 1800 55 46 46
Post: 2c West Street, Lewisham NSW 2049
3. CatholicCare is committed to upholding the rights to privacy, confidentiality, respect and dignity of every client and person otherwise associated with CatholicCare. CatholicCare is committed to ensuring that all information collected from or about a client or person otherwise associated with CatholicCare during, or as a result of, the provision of services, is treated with the highest level of privacy and confidentiality in accordance with all relevant privacy legislation including the Privacy Act, 1988 (Cth).
Collection and use of personal information
5. This website, like many websites, may collect information from its visitors by both permitting you to communicate directly with us via email, by asking you specific questions and through feedback forms. Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your full name, address, email address, phone number and so on).
7. We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information of visitors to, and users of this website for the following purposes:
Your rights to access and correction of your personal information
8. You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you. You may also request that we update or amend (see contact details below) any personally identifiable information being held about you. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct as soon as possible any personal information we hold as a result of your use of this website that you previously submitted that is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading.
9. CatholicCare is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which outlines the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), the minimum standards for how organisations and agencies are to handle client information. If there is an inconsistency between this policy and the APPs, then the APPs will prevail.
Disclosure of Information
10. Subject to the following, CatholicCare will only use personal information collected for the purpose for which the information was obtained. Individuals will be informed of the purpose for which the information is being collected. These purposes will relate to the various functions of CatholicCare to enable the provision of the services consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values.
11. CatholicCare will not disclose personal information that was obtained for service purposes for any other purpose unless:
13. In addition we may make full use of all information acquired through this website that is not in personally identifiable form.
Storage and security
Use of email address
16. If you send CatholicCare an email or submit an enquiry we will have a record of your email address. Your email address will not be added to a mailing list and we will not send you unsolicited email (SPAM). CatholicCare will use your email address to respond to your requests and communicate directly with you.
17. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
18. Please also note our Disclaimer and Intellectual Property Rights statements in the Terms and Conditions of website use.
Complaints about privacy practices
21. CatholicCare will respond to complaints by investigating the issue, deciding on any action that are required and responding to the individual within twenty (20) business days of lodgement (or sooner if practicable).
For Further Information
CatholicCare Sydney Privacy Officer
2c West Street, Lewisham NSW 2049
Phone: 13 18 19