Marriage and Relationship Education
What is Marriage and Relationship Education?
The Marriage and Relationship Education program provides pre-marriage education and relationship enrichment for couples.
Using the latest clinical research, combined with hands-on experience, professional educators help couples to reflect on their relationship, build marriage and relationship skills and establish core values, goals and aspirations as a couple.
Marriage and Relationship Education offers three distinct courses for couples, including:
- Becoming One. A group-based marriage preparation course.
- Intimate I. A smaller group course designed to allow couples to focus more deeply on the topics covered in Becoming One.
- Intimate II. A series of three tailored face-to-face sessions with a Marriage and Relationship Education facilitator. Most suitable for long-term couples, couples with children from current or past relationships and couples who may have been married before.
For more information about Marriage and Relationship Education courses and fees download the Course and Fee Information Factsheet, Frequently Asked Questions Factsheet and Administrative Information Factsheet.
For 2017 course dates download the 2017 Course Calendar.
PLEASE NOTE: Changes to Becoming One courses
The Becoming One Miranda course MI1703 is on the 6th, 13th and 20th July (not June as stated in the calendar).
The Bankstown Becoming One course BT1703 has been cancelled.
An additional new course in Hoxton Park, HP1700, will run on 3rd and 9th July 2017. Please contact us to make a booking.
Who does Marriage and Relationship Education support?
Marriage and Relationship Education provides pre-marriage education for couples who are planning on getting married, and relationship training and marriage enrichment for married couples. Marriage and Relationship Education can help couples:
- Plan for a successful marriage
- Learn to manage conflict
- Grow together as a couple
- Improve communications skills
- Discover more about the Sacrament of Marriage and what the Church teaches about married love
To read feedback from real couples download the Couples' Feedback Factsheet.
Contact Marriage and Relationship Education
2C West Street (Cnr Thomas Street) Lewisham 2049
PO Box 360 Summer Hill NSW 2130
Phone: (02) 9509 1234