PHaMs Employment Service
What is the PHaMs Employment Service?
The PHaMs Employment Service helps people with a mental illness overcome barriers to employment and reach a point where they are able to secure and maintain a job.
PHaMs provides one-on-one case management to job seekers with a mental illness, and assists with developing and achieving a range of goals. Goals may include connecting with community and mental health services, and addressing other obstacles to employment like lack of accommodation, drug and alcohol addiction, financial struggles and family issues.
The PHaMs Employment Service works with local Employment Service Providers – Job Services Australia and Disability Employment Services – to provide the right kind of support for each individual job seeker.
For more information about CatholicCare Sydney’s other employment services visit the Employment page.
Who does the PHaMs Employment Service support?
The PHaMs Employment Service provides support to people who must:
- Be 16 years of age, or over
- Have a mental illness which causes some functional impairment
- Be in receipt of Disability Support Pension or other government income support payment
- Be engaged or willing to engage with an employment service provider
- Be willing to work on goals relating to employment
- Live within the Liverpool and Fairfield Local Government Areas
- Be willing to address any non-mental health related issues (including drug and alcohol issues)
- Not be an in-patient of a psychiatric or acute care hospital or residing in a drug/alcohol treatment residence (PHaMs can however be linked to the applicant just prior to being discharged to ensure a smooth transition to the community)
- Not be under the management of a state or territory judicial system
Contact the PHaMs Employment Service
Level 1, 45-47 Scott Street Liverpool 2170
Phone: (02) 9612 3444