What is Financial Counselling?
CatholicCare Sydney's Financial Counselling service provides a free, independent and confidential service to people experiencing financial difficulties.
Financial counsellors work alongside people to provide tailored support and options for change and improvement. The Financial Counselling services offers professional information and support to people struggling financially or feeling overwhelmed by financial issues, including:
- Money management
- Mortgages and other debt
- Gambling problems
- Behind in rent and facing eviction
- Inability to pay electricity and other bills
- Legal action or harassment because of debt
- Change of circumstances (loss of job, illness, family changes etc.)
- Centrelink debt
- Spending and other financial struggles
Who does Financial Counselling support?
The Financial Counselling service provides counselling and support to families, individuals and small businesses experiencing financial difficulties.
Financial counsellors also conduct community education and group activities.
CatholicCare also provides a range of other counselling services including:
- Individual Counselling. Helps individuals improve their quality of life by overcoming issues like abuse, anxiety, grief, stress, depression and communication.
- Family Counselling. Provides a safe and secure space for families experiencing distress, anxiety and challenges because of change, family breakdown and other issues.
- Relationship Counselling. Provides counselling support to people experiencing emotional, psychological and social difficulties as a result of relationships with family and significant others.
Contact Financial Counselling
Level 2, 45-47 Scott Street Liverpool 2170
Phone: (02) 9612 3456
2C West Street (Cnr Thomas Street) Lewisham 2049
Phone: (02) 9509 1156